We can provide both non-ASME and ASME stainless steel pressure vessels in diverse specifications. Regardless of your needs, Rexarc works with you to ensure a top-quality, high performing vessel and custom stainless steel tanks for your project needs and conditions.
Serving a Variety of Industries
We built our pressure vessel offerings on generations of tank excellence and a commitment to meeting the needs of our customers and the end-users. We work with a variety of industries, including:
- Air handling
- Chemical and industrial
- Energy, oil, and gas
- Process heating
- Pulp and paper
- Research and development
We build pressure vessels and tanks in various materials, however; stainless steel offers distinct advantages, regardless of use and industry.
Stainless Steel Performance Benefits
In addition to the various offerings for custom stainless steel tanks and pressure vessels, stainless steel delivers on numerous performance and environmental benefits.
- Corrosion Resistance: Stainless steel material offers excellent corrosion protection over carbon steel, concrete, or plastic. Stainless steel withstands chemical interaction, temperature, and other challenges.
- Durability and Longevity: The numerous stainless steel alloys provide options to resist cavitation, crevice corrosion, harmful radiations, and high temperatures. All these properties add to their durability and longevity.
- Recyclability: Unlike concrete or plastic, stainless steel pressure vessels are recyclable.
- Mobility: Pressure vessels fabricated from stainless steel, easily moved with a fork lift, are much more mobile than other construction options.
Do you know which stainless steel works best for your application?
Stainless Steel Options
Our ASME stainless steel pressure vessels are known for their quality and lasting performance. Rexarc’s understanding of and experience with stainless steel grades and alloys enable us to offer options for your project. Each option has its role and we can help you make the best choice.
- 304: This is 18/8 steel and the most common stainless steel grade used in food industry applications. Grade 304 resists corrosion and endures a wide range of working environments, making it extremely popular.
- 304L: The low-carbon grade of 304, this option helps minimize chromium carbide precipitation during welding. It is less susceptible to intergranular corrosion and is suited for severe corrosion conditions.
- 316: Grade 316 can resist crevice corrosion, pitting in chloride environments, and can withstand high temperatures. It is a molybdenum-bearing grade that exhibits better corrosion-resistant properties than 304.
- 316L: We use this grade for fabricating pressure vessels operating in high-temperature environments, such as heat exchanger tubes and scrubbers. This is a low-carbon grade comprising molybdenum, resistant to pitting and corrosion. Grade 316L offers high formability and high deformation resistance. The grade exhibits excellent tensile and rupture strength at high temperatures. It withstands high pressures and offers exceptional resistance in acidic and hard-water environments.
- 317: This is a non-magnetic stainless steel grade, with a high concentration of nickel, molybdenum, and chromium. The high molybdenum concentration improves its resistance to pitting from chlorides, making it an excellent choice for applications in the chemical and marine industries.
- 317L: It is a low-carbon grade of 317, which offers excellent corrosion resistance over other grades we offer. This 317 variety does not produce precipitate during welding and exhibits improved corrosion resistance in environments containing halides, sulfurous media, and chlorides.
Though we build pressure vessels in a variety of materials, Rexarc finds stainless steel to offer specific performance properties that fulfill a variety of needs, elements, and applications. But choosing the right materials is meaningless unless you choose the right fabricator.
Why Choose Rexarc?
That answer is actually fairy simple: we have generations of tank excellence backing us up. We’ve been an innovator in tank design and fabrication for more than 100 years. Our team of professionals is dedicated to delivering on the expectations of every customer we serve. Rexarc is ready and qualified to be your custom pressure vessel and stainless steel tank manufacturer:
- Our ASME Stamps: Rexarc holds ASME “U”, “U2”, and National Board “R” stamps. We earned and maintain our certification.
- Fabrication Techniques: We employ various techniques such as CNC plasma cutting, plate rolling, and welding to build robust pressure vessels. Our certified welders utilize several different processes to suit varied needs:
- Submerged Metal Arc Welding (SAW)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GNAW/MIG)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Gas Welding (GTAW/TIG)
- Manufacturing Facility: All welding and fabrication is performed in-house at our 60,000 square feet well-equipped facility at West Alexandria, Ohio using state-of-the-art equipment. Along with regular fabrication, we perform secondary material finishing services such as painting using red oxide primer and polyurethane enamel painting. All these advanced manufacturing capabilities make us one of the leading custom pressure vessel manufacturers in the US.
- Shipping Ease: Dock-level and drive-in loading access, and 4-ton overhead bridge crane make working and shipping easier at our facility. Our central location provides easy access to major transportation corridors, making it easy to serve all regions of the country.
- Testing and Inspection: Quality is deeply embedded in our manufacturing process, with inspections at every stage. All stainless steel pressure vessels are subjected to hydro testing, leak testing, and air testing as per ASME guidelines before leaving our facility. We can perform hydrostatic testing up to 7500 psi.
- Advanced Designing Capabilities: To ensure precision and accuracy, we always use ASME calculation software, SOLIDWORKS®, and AutoCAD®. These software solutions enable us to reduce errors and maximize productivity.
- We Go Beyond the Basics: Our general capabilities involve custom manufacturing, designing, testing, inspection, engineering, and documentation.
For the Rexarc team, no job is too complex nor too simple. So, do not hesitate to approach us for exploring the possibility of building custom stainless steel pressure vessels and tanks. Our experts will work with you to understand your application requirements before suggesting the appropriate solution.